Why does it seem like every holiday photo on social media features happy, smiling kids or hilariously-placed elves on expertly-decorated shelves? Meanwhile, your kid just pulled your grandmother’s handmade ornament off the tree and shattered it into thousands of pieces. ’Tis the season to feel like a big fat parenting failure.
But you’re not alone! All across the country, kids are torturing moms like you, moms who just want to eat a latke and have a glass of wine in peace. So, buck up and check out these 15 kids who are probably behaving worse than yours right now.
1. Getting a midnight snack, for Santa… Obviously!
At least these siblings are working together, right? It could be worse…
2. The Headless Elf On A Shelf trend hasn’t really kicked off just yet, so these kids are ahead of the game here…
Maybe it’ll pick up in 2017?
3. This is a new way to experience Target
Looks like this little guy is done with holiday shopping.
4. Gingerbread House Demolition Derby
You have to build the gingerbread house to tear it all down.
5. Even this snowman has been overpowered by his kids
They’re eating him ALIVE!
6. A little less joy, a little more screaming
This is the Christmas card outtake that everyone is living for!
7. “Happy Holidays to my favorite Ho!”
Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal…
8. Even Santa’s not having it this year…
This poor Santa’s seen one screaming baby too many!
9. Are we putting him on the tree too?
When did kids become part of the holiday decor?
10. A work of holiday art?
Hope his YouTube beauty tutorial comes out before Christmas!
11. “I’m not touching it…”
This sweet angel clearly just wants to touch the pretty ornaments, but something tells us that her parents aren’t about that decision.
12. “Hey, Santa! I have my Christmas list to go over with you, but first, lemme take an Elfie!”
This kid’s doing The Chainsmokers proud with her Santa-selfie gig!
13. WWE Brawl: Holiday Siblings Edition
Aren’t siblings just the best around the holidays? The answer: obviously not…
14. And for Christmas Eve we’ll be serving toasted Elf on the Shelf
Not the first choice for a holiday dessert, but at least the kids gave it a shot.
15. “It was like this when I walked in the room, I swear Mom!”
This kid has no idea what happened to the tree, so he’s totally not responsible for taking it down. Right?