We’re hiring! No, not ‘sperminators’ to inseminate @CrazyJewishMom’s daughter. So please, no submissions of your brother’s, friend’s, cousin who just graduated from Cornell’s business school and is looking to settle down’s photos. Unless he’s good at digital media and writing.
We’re looking for a freelance, digital brand associate with a great sense of humor to contribute to our website and help run our digital verticals. Take a look at the job description, and apply if it sounds like a good fit! Right now, we are looking to hire a freelance independent contractor (not employee), but there is huge potential for growth in this role.
Digital Brand Associate: Freelance (Paid)
- 3 days a week – mix of in house & remote
- Preparing content/assets for social sharing across all social verticals (excluding @CrazyJewishMom, of course) – this will include assets for @AskMomAndSpawn, reviewing and evaluating submissions for @YourCrazyFamily, creating memes, sourcing memes, building photo posts from existing content, writing captions, formatting, etc
- Helping build and maintain publishing schedule – social media and the website
- Community engagement, and social vertical growth support
- Some general administrative work – scheduling, digital filings, travel arrangement support, research, formatting in WordPress
- Writing funny, relatable blog posts as a contributor to CrazyJewishMom.com (work will be credited and can link to personal blog/ social profile)
- Candidate should have a strong sense of humor and understanding of the @CrazyJewishMom voice/ tone.
- Candidate should have a strong interest in and understanding of social media.
- Candidate should be an excellent, funny writer with impeccable grammar.
- Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe. Should be well versed in WordPress, SEO, and Google Analytics or willing to learn. Photoshop helpful.
- Candidates experienced with video editing are a plus.
- Candidate should have outstanding organizational skills, be punctual, detail oriented, and able to turn around fast deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Candidate should be well versed in WordPress or willing to learn.
- Candidate should have a a familiarity with @CrazyJewishMom, crazyjewishmom.com, and all associated digital verticals under the umbrella
- Bachelors degree preferred
Please email email@example.com with the following information, formatted
Subject Line: YOUR NAME_POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR
- Your Full Name
- Your Email Address
- Resumé – pasted into the body of the email
- Please be sure your resumé includes your employment history, education, and all other relevant information.
- A short explanation of why you want to work with us, and what you imagine contributing.
- Paste 1-2 writing samples that you think capture your voice, and what you could offer.